What is Restylane?
Restylane is a hyaluronic acid dermal filler that helps restore youthful volume to the face. Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a molecule that is naturally found in the skin but begins to diminish as we age, resulting in a less radiant, fatigued and older appearance. The Restylane family of injectables have been developed to mimic the way your own skin’s HA works, for smooth and natural-looking results you can feel confident about.
Restylane products include multiple fillers that vary slightly in particle size and in the way the particles are cross-linked, giving the team at Ananda Medical Aesthetics plenty of options to artfully address your specific needs. Depending on the area you wish to enhance and the severity of volume loss present, we will recommend using any one of the following Restylane fillers.
*Individual results may vary; not a guarantee.
Which Restylane products are available at Ananda Medical Aesthetics?
We provide the following injectables to our patients:
- Restylane: combats common signs of aging by adding fullness and volume for moderate to severe wrinkles and folds on the face, including smile lines and nasolabial folds. It can also be used to add fullness, definition and symmetry to the lips.
- Restylane Defyne: smooths deeper folds and wrinkles in the skin, including nasolabial folds. Formulated with cross-linked molecules, this gel contains tightly woven particles that help support your skin for enhanced wrinkle correction.
- Restylane Refyne: offers subtle enhancements for wrinkles and lines around the mouth. Refyne is formulated with similar cross-linking technology, but with particles that are cross-linked in a looser way to give you even more flexibility and natural-looking outcomes.
- Restylane Lyft: helps lift and define the mid-face, correcting volume loss and enhancing contour. In addition to being a great choice for improving signs of aging in the cheeks, Lyft can also be used to treat facial wrinkles and folds.
What are the benefits of Restylane?
- Offers immediate correction of age-related volume loss, lines and wrinkles*
- Provides a natural-looking, more youthful appearance*
- Results are long-lasting*
How do I decide if Restylane is right for me?
Restylane is a safe and effective hyaluronic acid (HA) dermal filler when injected by a skilled and qualified physician (such as the providers at Ananda). It is safe for all skin types and ethnicities. Our patients have been extremely pleased with the enhancements in volume correction and the smoothing of wrinkles they see after a Restylane treatment.
What can I expect during treatments?
After an initial consultation, we will perform the injectable treatment during a short office visit. While downtime is generally very minimal for a Restylane treatment, the site of injection may become slightly red, swollen or irritated following your appointment. These side effects are generally mild and tend to subside within a few days. We may offer a topical anesthetic to minimize discomfort and anxiety during the session.
How long does Restylane last?
Depending on the Restylane filler used, and on the area of the face it is injected, your results can last for up to a year or more.* Keep in mind that outcomes are determined by your individual metabolism, location of product placement and number of syringes used.